2365 E. 48th Ave. View map
In 1982, this park was established and it became property of the Municipality of Anchorage. It was named after the creek that runs the length of the park. The creek is named for Sir Joseph Campbell who explored Alaska from 1792-1785. It was developed with Land & Water Conservation Funds.
Campbell Park is located on Lake Otis Avenue just south of the Lake Otis & Tudor Intersection. The Park provides access to the Campbell Creek Trail and is a popular access point for inner tubing on Campbell Creek. The Park has a playground for 2-5 year olds and is a popular area for picnicking. The parking lot has 16 parking spaces as well as 2 handicap parking spaces.
Improvements have been defined by the 2011 Report Card and Take Back our Park (TBOP), a group dedicated to improving conditions at Campbell Park. Funding is achieved through a $200,000 Legislative appropriation to the Anchorage Park Foundation and the Foundation’s contribution of $85,000.
In 2013, the total improvement value is expected to be - $260,000
- Poured in place playground surfacing
- New playground for 2-5 year olds
- New playground for 5-12 year olds
- Picnic and seating plaza
- Play equipment specific signage
- Fine grade of topsoil and sod installation
- Landscape plantings
- Trash Removal along Campbell Creek
The volunteer powered Fix-It day is scheduled to be on August 3, 2013.
Back to Main