Park Host Program
Come and join our amazing team of Park staff. The Municipality of Anchorage, Parks and Recreation Department is looking for park hosts to provide a presence at a few of our park sites. Immerse yourself in the park system while being a steward to help protect the parks and provide an excellent experience for visitors.
Available Anchorage sites:
- Centennial Campground at Centennial Park, available immediately. Contact Doreen or Randy at 343-4355.
- Goose Lake Park, available immediately. Contact Doreen or Randy at 343-4355.
Available Eagle River site:
Available Girdwood site:
The Girdwood Campground consists of 18 tent campsites and is conveniently located near trails, grocery store, community center and post office. Campground host site includes unpaved RV pad, fire ring, private out house facility, and electric hookup. Fresh water supply located nearby. For more information or to apply - contact Margaret Tyler at 343-8373 or email@example.com
What we provide:
- Free parking
- Free electric
- Free twice a month holding tank pumping
- Access to water/showers at the Fairview and Spenard Recreation Centers (for locations with no water on site)
What we ask from you:
- A commitment to stay during term, as you enjoy sites in Anchorage, Eagle River, and Girdwood!
- Open and close park gates @ site location.
- Be on site the majority of the week; report suspicious activity to police department.
- Serve as liaisons between park users and park staff.
- Camp on park property in order to provide a personal touch and to accommodate the needs of park visitors.
- Assist visitors by providing information about the park, answering questions, and explaining rules.
- Must be familiar with the reasoning behind municipal park rules.
- Check with Parks & Recreation about having a pet @ the park host site.
- Set an example by being model campers, practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around their campsite, and observing all rules.
Hosts are not expected to enforce park regulations; rather, they should be observant and courteously advise campers of unintentional or minor violations. They should report flagrant violations to park personnel.
There is an application process; background criminal check (fee runs approximately $15 per name – maiden/married name will typically be $30 – occasionally we get an applicant with extensive background and the fee has been $45); insurance coverage on your RV & vehicle parked on site; and contract for term of park hosting.
*Park host duties and park hosting dates may vary in Eagle River and Girdwood
Contact – for Eagle River site:
Contact – for Girdwood site:
Contact – for Anchorage sites:
Parks & Recreation Administrative Office