Park Host Program
Are you traveling with your RV to the Anchorage area this summer? From May 18, 2012 through September 30, 2012, the Municipality of Anchorage, Parks and Recreation Department is looking for park hosts to provide a presence at a few of our park sites.
Available Anchorage sites:
We are looking for a Park Host for Campbell Creek Estuary Natural Area (CCENA) for the 2013-14 winter season. CCENA is the newest addition to our park system and encompasses 60 acres of beautiful esturine and upland habitat. Park Host will be responsible for opening and closing entrance gates and reporting unwarranted activity. Because this is a protected natural area and important nesting habitat, we ask that Park Host refrain from bringing dogs on site. Electric hookup is provided.
For more information or to apply - contact Parks Administration at 343-4355.
Available Eagle River site:
Available Girdwood site:
What we provide:
- Free parking
- Free electric (with exception of September - $100)
- Free once-a-week holding tank pumping
- Access to water/showers at the Fairview and Spenard Recreation Centers (for locations with no water on site)
What we ask from you:
- A commitment to stay during term, as you enjoy sites in Anchorage, Eagle River, and Girdwood!
- Open and close park gates @ site location.
- Be on site the majority of the week; report suspicious activity to police department.
- Serve as liaisons between park users and park staff.
- Camp on park property in order to provide a personal touch and to accommodate the needs of park visitors.
- Assist visitors by providing information about the park, answering questions, and explaining rules.
- Must be familiar with the reasoning behind municipal park rules.
- Check with Parks & Recreation about having a pet @ the park host site.
- Set an example by being model campers, practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around their campsite, and observing all rules.
Hosts are not expected to enforce park regulations; rather, they should be observant and courteously advise campers of unintentional or minor violations. They should report flagrant violations to park personnel.
There is an application process; background criminal check (fee runs approximately $15 per name – maiden/married name will typically be $30 – occasionally we get an applicant with extensive background and the fee has been $45); insurance coverage on your RV & vehicle parked on site; and contract for term of park hosting.
*Park host duties and park hosting dates may vary in Eagle River and Girdwood
Contact – for Eagle River site:
Contact – for Girdwood site:
Contact – for Anchorage sites:
Parks & Recreation Administrative Office