We periodically experience downtime on our library computer system that handles
everything from our catalog to circulation. We don’t like this any more than you do!
General downtime information:
- You must have your library card to check out materials (we can’t look you up)
- You can’t place holds (and we can’t do it for you)
- Self-check machines don’t work
- The catalog will not have patron functions or current status information.
- Materials will be checked in when we are back online.
- Items will be checked in as if they were returned before we went down.
- We do everything possible to minimize the downtime and mitigate the inconvenience.
Specific information about this downtime:
We are welcoming Juneau Public Library, University of Alaska Southeast, and the Alaska State Library to our catalog. This will facilitate resource sharing, reduce redundancy, and maximize cost effectiveness. We will also be moving to our new catalog which will dramatically improve your catalog search experience.
We will be down for 2-3 days in mid-June (6/17-6/19) for the initial migration and 2-3 days in early July (currently estimated to be 7/1-7/3) to complete the process.