Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
Would you like to see your hard earned dollars take you further each month while improving the health of your family? WIC offers support for free healthy foods at the grocery store.
WIC also offers nutrition information and ideas to spice up your daily meals. To qualify for the WIC program, you need to be either pregnant, just had a baby, or have a child under the age of 5 and meet the income eligibility
Fathers and grandparents are welcome and encouraged to bring their natural or foster children to see if they qualify for services.
If you or your children are income eligible for SNAP, Medicaid, Denali Kid Care, or Head Start and Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP) then your income meets WIC guidelines.
Am I eligible?
* Text "CHILD" to 907-312-2300 or
CLICK HERE and answer a few simple questions to see if you qualify. Then call the clinic nearest you for an appointment.
Alaska WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines (Effective from July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019)
Download the full list of 2017-2018 WIC income eligibility guidelines. For example, an Alaskan family of four with an annual yearly household income of $56,888 or less is eligible for WIC.
- WIC calculates eligibility based on gross income before taxes are taken out.
- Total income includes all of your family's PFDs.
- When pregnant, your unborn child counts as a family member.
WIC Anchorage has switched to using
wichealth.org for online nutrition lessons. This makes it easier for moms to complete their nutrition education from a smart phone or computer on the go.
Our Breastfeeding Peer Counselors are moms just like you! Free support available anytime by calling 343-4755. Join their
Instagram, and follow them on
Please fill out the form and bring it to your appointment along with your ID and proof of gross monthly income.
* Infant Special Prescription form. Please print and have your physician complete the form. Find the ENPR form
Proof of Income Accepted:
- Last 30 Days of Pay Stubs • Denali KidCare
- Medicaid • ATAP
- LES • Unemployment Papers
- Permanent Fund Dividend • Child Support
- Free/Reduced Price School Lunch Program
WIC is an equal opportunity provider and employer
Full Non-discrimination Statement