Anchorage Women's Commission
The Anchorage Women's Commission exists to advise the Mayor and Assembly on matters pertaining to the status of women.
The Commission shall be particularly concerned with improving opportunities for women in the community.
The Commission shall:
- Act as a clearinghouse and coordinating body for information related to the status of women.
- Disseminate results of research and other information on women's issues.
- Analyze and set priorites for women's needs at the local level.
- Recommed legislative and administrative action on women's issues.
- Encourage women to utilize their capabilities and to assume leadership roles.
- Act as a liaison between the state women's commission and local women.
Meetings are held on 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the Department of Health and Human Services, 825 L Street in conference room 423.
There are nine seats on the Commission. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Assembly. Terms are 3 years and commissioners may be reappointed for an additional 3 year term.
Geran Tarr, Chair
Anita Halterman, Co-Chair
Linda Lake Boyle
If you are interested in serving, please visit the Municipality website at: http://www.muni.org/Departments/Mayor/Boards/Pages/Howtoserve.aspx
Staff support for the Commission is provided by the Administration Division at the Department of Health and Human Services. For more information, you may call 343-4244 or email Clara Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.