The Environmental Health Program responds to complaints and concerns regarding the facilities and functions it regulates. We also love hearing positive feedback!
Types of concerns that Environmental Health investigates include:
- Community noise
- Food and foodservice establishment concerns, potential food illnesses
- Smoking in public places
- Swimming pools and spas, including potential illnesses
- Cosmetological establishment concerns, however nail salon concerns should be addressed to the Alaska Board of Barbers and Hairdressers.
- Rodent/insect infestations in rental housing
- Commercial pesticide use and application
A person can file a complaint by following the "File a Complaint Online" link, by calling 343-4200, by personal visit to our office, or through the mail. Foodborne and Waterborne illness complaints require a short interview with the complainant and should be called in as soon as possible after an illness is detected.
To access all FSS forms and documents that are available online - Click Here.
Public Information Request Form
If you wish to obtain a paper copy of a record or document that is not available online, please download and complete a Public Information Request form available on the right of this page.