How Can We Help You?

Animal Care & Control


The Department of Health and Human Services contracts with Animal Licensing and Placement Services (ALPS), a subsidiary of Doyon Universal Services, JV, to provide domestic animal care and control services to the municipality.  All positions must be applied for through Doyon.  Applications are taken year-round for Animal Control Officers and Kennel Technicians.  Positions in management and customer service may also become available throughout the year.

If you are interested in employment opportunities at the shelter, please apply online at  Click on the "JOBS" link and select "Job Opening".

    • Animal Care & Control
    • Manager: Dr. Myra Wilson
    • 4711 Elmore Road, Anchorage, AK 99507
    • (907)343-8122