Featured Pet: Clarence (A211987)
Excuse me…I’d like to cuddle. Would you mind if I crawl into your lap? Signed, Clarence
Meet Clarence, a very handsome and delightful boy who came to us as a stray. This personable cat will take any affection you are willing to give. He’ll also talk quietly to tell you his thoughts and opinions. Along with excelling at cuddling, Clarence is playful and likes to explore his surroundings. Clarence has a large personality to match his big size! He can be adopted for $142 which includes a microchip, vaccines, cat carrier, and deposit on his neuter surgery.
View Our Pet Licensing Videos Under Related Links
The Department of Health and Human Services contracts with Animal Licensing and Placement Services (ALPS), a subsidiary of Doyon Universal Services, JV, to provide domestic animal control services to the entire municipality. Animal Control Officers (ACOs) respond to an average of 500 citizen requests for service per month regarding animal cruelty, animal bites, loose animals, barking dogs, injured animals, and other requests for service. The center handles an average of over 500 live animals per month. Animal Care and Control also:
- Accepts unwanted animals from owners.
- Rescues injured animals.
- Reunites lost pets with their owners.
- Provides an adoption service.
- Investigates charges of animal cruelty.
- Enforces Anchorage Municipal Code Title 17 (Animals), including the investigation of dog bites and animal attacks.
- Provides public education programs on responsible pet care and ownership and safety with animals to schools and organizations.
- Coordinates an avid volunteer program.
- Euthanizes animals upon request of the owner.
Hours of Operation
The Animal Care & Control Center is open to the public during the following hours:
Monday through Friday 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Christmas and New Year's Eve, 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Closed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Location and Contacts
4711 Elmore Road Anchorage, AK 99507
Customer Service: 343-8122