MUNICIPALITY OF ANCHORAGE
2020 PERSONAL PROPERTY
TAX NOTICES MAILED
The Municipality's 2020 personal property tax notices will be mailed out September 1, 2020.
Taxes on personal property are due December 31, 2020. Payments are considered timely if made in-person or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service by the respective due dates.
Property owners will receive one billing which will contain the payment notice for the taxes.
It is the property owners' responsibility to contact the Municipal Tax Office if they have not received a tax bill. Late payments are subject to a 10% penalty and interest at the rate of 5.25% per annum.
Payments may be mailed to the Municipal Tax Office at P.O. Box 196040 Anchorage, AK 99519-6040, or made in-person at City Hall, 632 W. 6th Ave., Suite 330. Checks should be made payable to MOA.
For further information, contact the Municipal Tax Office at 343-6650.
Mobile Home Property Taxes
The Treasury Division, Property Tax Office is responsible for the original billing and collecting of taxes for mobile homes located within the Municipality of Anchorage. January 1 of each year the owner of a mobile home is required to file an assessment return with the Municipal Assessor's Office by a specified deadline.
If you sold a mobile home after January 1, all current and prior year taxes owed against the mobile home must be paid at the time of sale. A Tax Certificate of Paid Taxes is required by law under AMC 12.05.075 to be furnished to the buyer at the time of sale or legal transfer of the mobile home.
Click here to obtain a Tax Certificate Application or contact the Tax Office at (907) 343-6650. (Note: Up to six (6) business days are required to process a tax certificate application.)
For additional information about filing an assessment return, please contact the Assessor's Office at (907) 343-6770 or click here to visit their web site.
If the assessment form is:
- Returned by the specified deadline, the property tax is billed as a timely filing roll. The tax notices for timely filing rolls are mailed out September 1, due December 31.
- Not returned by the specified deadline or not filed at all, the mobile home property tax is billed as a late or involuntary filing roll. The tax notices for late or involuntary filing rolls are mailed out December 1, due December 31 each year and includes a 10% penalty on the tax amount for not filing the assessment form timely or for not filing at all.
If payment is made after the scheduled due dates, the account will be assessed a 10% late payment penalty on the installment amount that was due and interest will accrue until the account is paid to a zero balance or referred to outside collection agency.
You may pay your mobile home property tax to the Municipality of Anchorage by credit card or electronic check. There are only two options available to pay your Mobile Home property tax account balances with a credit card. Electronic check payment option is available through the web site only and not available using the toll free number. There will be a nominal fee of 2.55% charged for credit card and $1.95 charged for electronic check for use of these services.
You may use either of the two methods listed below:
(Note: To complete the transaction by either of these methods, be ready to provide your "Account Number." Your account number contains thirteen (13) digits and is included on billing statements sent by the Municipality.)
- Visit https://www.acipayonline.com/, or
- Call 1-800-272-9829 (at the prompt, enter Jurisdiction Code 1201).
- To pay your mobile home property tax you must select the "Local Payments" tax option and then the "Property Tax" option.
- Confirmation Number. Payment is valid only if a confirmation number is received when the transaction is complete. If paying online, print/save the confirmation page as proof of payment.
If the account continues to go unpaid, it will be referred to an outside collection agency where they will pursue further collection. If you have additional questions on delinquent mobile home tax, please contact our municipal collector at (907) 343-6946.
Schedule payments and set up reminders
For your convenience, ACI Payments Inc. also offers options that will allow you to schedule payments in advance or setup future payment due date reminders. To schedule payments or setup reminders go to http://www.acipayonline.com/
Payment is valid only if a confirmation number is received when the transaction is complete. If paying on line, print/save the confirmation page as proof of payment.