Incident Management Team III:
Operations Section Chief
An Operations Section Chief (Type 3) is responsible for all tactical incident operations, including the activation and supervision of ICS organizational elements in accordance with and in execution of the Incident Action Plan (IAP).
The table below lists minimum requisite criteria based on existing protocols and standards for an Operations Section Chief (Type 3) to participate in the NIMS Integration Center’s National Emergency Responder Credentialing System.
Completion of the following courses/curricula:
- IS-100: Introduction to ICS
- IS-200: Basic ICS
- ICS-300: Intermediate ICS
- ICS-400: Advanced ICS
- IS-700: NIMS, an introduction
- IS-800: NRP, an introduction
Significant, ongoing operational experience in strategy and tactics related to the incident scenario (e.g., wild land fire, water rescue, confined space rescue, or HazMat incident) and experience in emergency management
Compliance with the following baseline criteria:
- Medical requirements established by the AHJ
- Minimum physical fitness standards as required by the AHJ