Request an Inspection
- Workload permitting, you may obtain a same-day inspection if your request is called in before 6:00 a.m. the same business day.
- You can request an inspection by three different methods:
- Online: You may now request an inspection over the Internet! Submit an Inspection Request Form, and your request will automatically be sent to us.
- By phone: Call the inspection request line at 343-8300,
24 hours a day, seven days a week to initiate an inspection request. Have the following information ready when you call:
- Permit number
- Contact phone number
- Specific type of inspection
- Lot, block, and subdivision, name
- Street address of job site
- Any additional information, such as preferred timeframe (a.m. or p.m.) or directions
- By fax: You may fill in the approved Building Safety Inspection Request Form by hand and fax it to 249-7777 to request an inspection.
Types of Inspections
- The type of inspection needed will vary depending on the scope of the project. See the Inspection Schedule handout for more information.
- Building safety provides inspection to meet a number of different circumstances. See the Field Inspections handout for information concerning scheduling, associated fees and the hours inspections are available.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 343-8211.