West Anchorage Land Trade
May 22, 2015:
With direction from the West Anchorage District Plan (WADP) and the Anchorage 2020--Anchorage Bowl Comprehensive Plan, the Mayor’s Office and the Community Development Department convened a task force to address longstanding land use conflicts at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC). The West Anchorage Land Trade Task Force (Task Force) was asked to develop recommendations for the Mayor on how to resolve these land conflicts. Exploring the potential for a land exchange between the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) and ANC was to be the Task Force’s primary focus.
The Task Force assembled for ten meetings. A professional moderator directed the group through an analysis of the details surrounding 30 parcels with some level of conflict or land use concern on and around the airport. The group completed their process by detailing their recommendations and conditions for a potential partial parcels land exchange, as presented in the Task Force Report, dated October 2014.
Task Force Information:
- Meeting #1, December 11, 2013
- Meeting #2, January 8, 2014
- Meeting #3, January 14, 2014
- Meeting #4, February 12, 2014
- Meeting #5, February 26, 2014
- Meeting #6, March 11, 2014
- Meeting #7, March 24, 2014
- Meeting #8, April 17, 2014
- Meeting #9, April 21, 2014
- Meeting #10, May 14, 2014