Grand Opening, Muldoon Fire Station 6
Muldoon Fire Station 6, 1301 Patterson StreetSaturday, October 27, 2012 1:00-4:00 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Al Tamagni – 267-4993
OCTOBER 24, 2012
The Anchorage Fire Department is pleased to announce the grand opening of its new fire station 6. The fire department has spent the last decade upgrading and modernizing its inventory of fire stations; Station 6 is one of the last stations to be upgraded. The new station has private sleeping quarters for each firefighter, more space for apparatus and storage, and improved living areas. Designed by Burkhart Croft Architects, the station was designed to be functional and low-cost to maintain, while complementing the neighboring Begich Middle School, and fitting it with the nearby homes and residential area. The fire department is constructing its new facilities to last 50 plus years so the residents of Anchorage and the Northeast Community can rest assured that its new fire station will be a symbol of pride for many years to come.
Address: 1301 Patterson St
Opening Ceremony: 1:00-1:30pm
Open House: 1:30-4:00pm
Please park at Begich Middle School.
Here are some facts about Fire Station 6:
- Amount received from the Alaska Legislature: $6M (FY2011)
- Cost to build: $4.8M
- Architect: Burkhart Croft
- Contractor: SR Bales Construction
- The new station is 13,900 square feet.
- Construction duration: 14 months (June 2011 to August 2012)
- The old station was less than 7000 square feet
- It is home to Engine 6 and Medic 6.
- There are 4 apparatus bays and 10 dorm rooms.