City-Wide Cleanup days
For 46 years, the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce has hosted Citywide Cleanup Week, one of the city's largest outdoor community service events. The mission of this event is to remove unwanted trash from around the city's streets, parks and neighborhoods after the winter snow melts. Everyone loves a clean city, including our visitors. During the week, Anchorage businesses, schools and families take to the streets to return our city to its natural beauty, truly making this a citywide event.
Click here to view Mayor Sullivan's proclamation
The Central Transfer Station (1111 E. 56th Avenue) will be closed on SATURDAY, MAY 3 & May 10 (Free Dump Days). PLEASE use the Anchorage Regional Landfill (15500 E. Eagle River Loop) on these days!
2014 bags available: April 25, 2014
Only two (2) bags per person
BAG PICK-UP LOCATIONS
2014 CLEANUP RULES
- All participants in the Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup program are responsible for transporting their collected trash in orange bags to Solid Waste Services via the Anchorage Regional Landfill or Central Transfer Station. Please refer to Disposal Regulations for full details.
- Please wear gloves, such as latex or nitrile gloves while picking up trash.
- Please wear an orange safety vest if cleaning roadways or intersections.
- Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean in these areas.
- Super Sweepers will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 3. Residents can take their filled orange bags from litter cleanup only to their nearest participating school.
- Please do not bring yard waste or household items to these sites.