MOA Seeks Summer Intern Applicants
The Mayor's Office is seeking college students with strong work ethics and good communication skills who want to learn and be involved in government functions. This is a volunteer summer internship program that will introduce students to the many aspects of city government while working with the Mayor's Office and/or offices of the Mayor’s Executive Staff in City Hall. Mayoral Interns will accompany the Mayor and/or Executives to Press Briefings and select public events. Interns are expected to have basic computer skills and be willing to accept and complete work assignments. Having transportation will be an advantage and will increase an intern’s options for placement and work duties. Dress will be appropriate and applicable to representing the Mayor and the Municipality of Anchorage. High school students may also be considered for specific work assignments.
Length of Internship
Summer of 2013
- possess ability to communicate with City Hall personnel on a professional level each day;
- have strong work ethic and willingness to learn new skills;
- have basic computer skills;
- be available to attend and accompany the Mayor and/or Executive Staff Members to public events;
- be willing to accept any special assignment from the Mayor’s Office or any Executive Staff;
- having experience in records and archiving documents is helpful; and
- possess customer service skills, to be able to note specifics of constituent's comments, requests for information or service, to be directed.
How to Apply
Email, mail, fax or hand deliver your cover letter that describes yourself, your interests and your skills. Please include details of your past work experience and/or community service. Include three personal references.
Office of Mayor Dan Sullivan
Attn: Mary Croxton
632 W. 6th Avenue, Suite 840
Anchorage, Alaska 99501-6650
For further information about this program, contact Mary Croxton at 343-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.