City recruiting election workers
The Municipal Clerk’s Office is recruiting election workers to help in the upcoming April 5 municipal election. The Municipality of Anchorage requires nearly 600 election workers every year to staff 121 polling places.
Election workers are paid $9.50 per hour, Chairpersons $10.00 per hour; Absentee and Election Board members $12.00 per hour. The job requires short- term commitment and professional focus.
Election worker requirements include:
- Working a polling place 6:30am – 9:00pm on Tuesday, April 5 and attending a 3-hour mandatory training session in March
- Current voter registration
- Ability to follow job instructions
- Must be able to organize and process paperwork accurately
- While on duty, must not discuss any political party candidate or issue in accordance with Anchorage Municipal Code.
More information is available by visiting www.muni.org/elections or by calling the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 243-VOTE.