2013 9/11 Memorial Ceremony
Location: 100 E. 4th Ave
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Mark Barker 242-3660
SEPTEMBER 7, 2013
The Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial Committee, the Alaska State Firefighters Association, and the Alaska Fire Chiefs Association in conjunction with Fire Agencies from across Alaska will be hosting a ceremony on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial in remembrance of those Alaska Firefighters and Emergency Responders who have died in the line of duty. This year the keynote speaker for the ceremony will be Ms. Arlene Weber-Sword from the Alaska Division of Forestry. She and those in attendance will remember the 19 wildland firefighters killed in Arizona this past summer. At the end of the service a special bell ceremony will “ring home” those firefighters in Alaska that were killed in the line of duty.
Where: 5th/A St. at the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial
When: Wednesday September 11th 2013, at 6:00 pm.
· Start of ceremony by Master of Ceremonies
Chief Dave Miller, Sitka Volunteer Fire Department
· Introduction of Front Row Seats Band and IAFF Local 1264 Honor Guard
· Nikiski Fire Department Chaplin; Bud Sexton
· Welcome and Opening Remarks by Master of Ceremonies
· Alaska Fire Chiefs Association President, Chief Rocky Ansell
· Alaska State Firefighters Association President, Chief Eddie Athey
· Keynote Address, Arlene Weber-Sword, Alaska Division of Forestry
· Final Alarm Ceremony and Names of Alaska’s Fallen Firefighters, Tech Sgt. Keenan Kelly, JBER F.D.
· Crow Creek Pipes
· Taps, Front Row Seats Band
· Closing of ceremony by Master of Ceremonies
For addition info and questions regarding the Ceremony please contact Mark Barker, the Committee Chairman for the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 907-242-3660.