How Can We Help You?


 Hillside Fire Damages Residence 

  

12/12/2012 | Contact: Al Tamagni 267-4993
Fire Department

On Tuesday afternoon, December 11, 2012 at approximately 4:42 pm the Anchorage Fire Department received a 9-1-1 call reporting that their roof had caught fire shortly after starting a fire in the woodstove.  The residence is located at 15800 Southpark Loop.

The Anchorage Fire Department initially dispatched thirteen units to the structure fire.  The first arriving unit reported that the roof of the residence was heavily involved in fire and requested additional resources.  Due to the location of the residence and there not being a hydrant close to the fire, the Fire Department had to use Water Tenders to shuttle water to fire crews.

Damage is estimated at approximately $360,000 dollars.  There were no injuries as a result of the fire.  Investigation determined that the fire started in the wood stove chase.

Featured Links