2014 9/11 ceremony
Contact: Al Tamagni
The Anchorage Fire Department in conjunction with The Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial Committee, the Alaska State Firefighters Association, Alaska Fire Chiefs Association and Fire Agencies from across Alaska will be hosting a ceremony on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial in remembrance of those Alaska Firefighters and Emergency Responders who have died in the line of duty. This year the keynote speaker for the ceremony will be Retired Alaska State Fire Marshal Craig Goodrich. This years’ service will also include honoring and remembering on the Memorial Anchorage Fire Department Captain Jeff Bayless who died in the line of duty this past year.
At the end of the service a special bell ceremony will “ring home” those firefighters, including Captain Bayless in Alaska that have been killed in the line of duty.
Where: 5th/A St. at the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial
When: Thursday September 11th 2014, at 6:00 pm.
6:00 PM Start of ceremony by Master of Ceremonies
- Introduction of APU Pipes and Drums, Front Row Seats Band and IAFF Local 1264 Honor Guard
- Chugiak Fire Department Chaplin; Mark Roberts
- Alaska Fire Chiefs Association President, Chief James Baisden
- Alaska State Firefighters Association, Vice President, Jennifer Stubblefield
- Keynote Address, Alaska State Fire Marshal, retired, Craig Goodrich
- Final Alarm Ceremony and Names of Alaska’s Fallen Firefighters
- Induction of Captain Jeff Bayless
- “Ringing Them Home”
- APU Pipes and Drums
- Taps, Front Row Seats Band
- Closing of ceremony by Master of Ceremonies
For addition info and questions regarding the Ceremony please contact Mark Barker for the Alaska Fallen Firefighter Memorial. Contact at email@example.com and/or 907-242-3660.