How Can We Help You?


NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING: Resolution No. AR 2013-285 

From 12/3/13 6:00 PM To 12/3/13 11:00 PM

Z.J. Loussac Library
Assembly Chambers
3600 Denali Street
Anchorage, AK  99503

Map it

NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING: 

The Assembly of the Municipality of Anchorage will hold a public hearing on the following resolution at its regular meeting of December 3, 2013.  The public hearing portion of the meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. and is held in the Assembly Chambers, Z.J. Loussac Library, 3600 Denali: 

Resolution No. AR 2013-285, a resolution confirming and levying special assessments for Special Assessment District 04-36, which constructed street improvements to Leawood Drive and Roy Street, and setting the date of assessment installment payments, interest on unpaid assessments, and providing for penalties and interest in the event of delinquency, Public Works Department. 

FINAL ASSESSMENT ROLL FOR SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICT 04-36 – LEAWOOD DRIVE/ROY STREET RECONSTRUCTION RID   

LEAWOOD MANOR BLOCK 1 LOTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10A, 11A, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 

LEAWOOD MANOR BLOCK 2 LOTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  

WILLIAM LLOYD TR 8 LOTS 1, 2 

BENNETT LOTS 7, 8. 9, 10, 11, 12 

On October 18, 2005, the Assembly approved AO 2005-129 creating Special Assessment District 04-36 for road improvements to Leawood Drive and Roy Street.  Said ordinance specified that 90% of the costs would be paid by the Municipality and the remaining 10% would be paid by benefiting property owners through special assessments.  The above-referenced resolution confirms and levies individual assessments totaling $184,800.  

The final cost of the project is $2,099,410.93, which exceeded the district’s $1,848,000.00 budget cap as stated in AO 2005-129.  However, in AO 2007-31 the Assembly agreed to cover the project costs over the budget cap. 

Information on the proposed final assessments was provided in a letter to property owners and at a public meeting. 

None of the lots in the district are owned by the Municipality.  The total Municipal contribution to the district is $1,914,610.93.  The amount assessed to property owners is $184,800.00. 

Interest on the unpaid assessment shall be at the rate equal to the effective interest rate on the last bonds sold to finance similar improvements pursuant to AMC Section 19.20.260.  The term of the repayment period depends on the amount of the assessment and ranges from 10 to 15 years in accordance with AR 2012-172(S).

AR 2013-285 - Document 1

AR 2013-285 - Document 2

AR 2013-285 - Document 3

AR 2013-285 - Document 4

AR 2013-285 - Document 5

AR 2013-285 - Document 6 

AR 2013-285 - Document 7

The above-referenced document is available for examination at the Clerk's Office, City Hall, 632 W. 6th Avenue, Room 250, Anchorage, Alaska. 

Persons wishing to provide oral comments on the described matter may do so at this meeting or may provide written comments.  Written comments should be sent to:  Barbara A. Jones, Municipal Clerk, P.O. Box 196650, Anchorage, AK 99519-6650, FAX (907) 343-4313, or JonesBAR@muni.org

Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids, services, or special modifications to participate should contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office by telephone at 343-4311; fax at 343-4313; or e-mail wwwmasmc@muni.org to request reasonable accommodations. 

View all Municipality of Anchorage public notifications on the Municipal website:  http://www.muni.org/  

/s/ Barbara A. Jones

Municipal Clerk 

 

Notice Begins:  November 12, 2013

Notice Ends:  December 4, 2013