NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING: RESOLUTION NO. AR 2013-185
From 08/6/13 6:00 PM To 08/6/13 11:00 PM
Z.J. Loussac Library
3600 Denali Street
Anchorage, AK 99503
NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY PUBLIC HEARING:
The Assembly of the Municipality of Anchorage will hold a public hearing on the following resolution at its regular meeting of August 6, 2013. The public hearing portion of the meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. and is held in the Assembly Chambers, Z.J. Loussac Library, 3600 Denali:
RESOLUTION NO. AR 2013-185, A RESOLUTION CONFIRMING THE 2013 ASSESSMENT ROLL AND LEVYING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS FOR SERVICES ON PROPERTY SPECIALLY BENEFITED IN THE DOWNTOWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT, SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICT 1SD97, SETTING THE DATES OF ASSESSMENT, AND PROVIDING FOR ASSESSMENT BILLING, PAYMENT DUE DATES, APPLICATION OF PAYMENTS, DELINQUENCY, PENALTIES, INTEREST AND COSTS FOR DELINQUENCY AND ENFORCEMENT AND APPROPRIATING ASSESSMENT REVENUES TO SPECIAL ASSESSMENT FUND (271) FOR SERVICES BENEFITING THE PROPERTY OWNERS IN SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICT 1SD97
The Special Assessment District supplemental services that may be provided include:
• Maintenance, repair and upkeep of public capital improvements located in the areas of the Special Assessment District;
• Maintenance, snow removal, dust suppression, cleaning, beautification, and decoration of public parks, places and pedestrian and vehicular rights-of-way;
• Visitor and tourism services;
• Security services, but not including law enforcement services;
• Promotion of the Special Assessment District and public events within the district; and
• Other closely similar public services which promote the vitality, stability and improvement of the Special Assessment District.
Properties affected by the Special Assessment District and the estimated assessment are included with the online version of this notice available through the Municipality’s website.
Persons wishing to provide oral comments on the described matters may do so at this meeting or may provide written comments. Written comments should be sent to: Barbara A. Jones, Municipal Clerk, P.O. Box 196650, Anchorage, AK 99519-6650, FAX (907) 343-4313, or JONESBAR@muni.org
Individuals with disabilities who need auxiliary aids, services, or special modifications to participate should contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office by telephone at 343-4311; fax at 343-4313; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodations.
View all Municipality of Anchorage public notifications on the Municipal website: http://www.muni.org/
/s/ Barbara A. Jones
Noticed: July 15, 2013
Notice Ends: August 7, 2013