How Can We Help You?


Filing a Notice of Potential Violation

Who can file a notice of potential violation?

Any person may file a notice of potential violation with the Board of Ethics alleging violation of a matter within the jurisdiction of the Board by a municipal employee, an appointed member of a municipal authority, or an elected official.

How do I file a notice of potential violation?

Notices of Potential Violation must be in writing on the form prescribed by the Municipal Clerk.  This form can be obtained on the Board of Ethics Webpage.  The form must do the following:

  • State the address and telephone number of the person filing the notice.
  • Identify the respondent.
  • Affirm to the best of the person's knowledge and belief the facts alleged in the notce are true.
  • Identify the section of the Ethics Code that the person believes was violated.
  • State why the person signing the notice believes the facts alleged constitute a violation of that section.
  • Identify any documentary or testimonial evidence the person filing the notice believes are in support of the notice.

Where do I file my notice?

The Notice of Potential Violation must be filed with the Municipal Clerk's Office.  The Municipal Clerk will make the notice available to the Board of Ethics at its next scheduled regular meeting.

    • Ethics
    • Municipal Clerk: Barbara A. Jones
    • 632 West 6th Avenue Ste 250
    • 907-343-4311