Campaign Statements & Disclosure

State law requires that local candidates for elective office, elected officeholders, and some appointed commission members file campaign disclosure statements. Statements are filed on a regular cycle, with additional statements required during election years. These statements provide the public with details on who contributes money to a candidate, and how that money is spent. Disclosure requirements can be very complicated. Those involved with political campaigns should become fully aware of the legal requirements surrounding campaign reporting.

When do I File?  Where do I File? 
What do I File?  Responsibility of Filers 
How do I File?  Need Assistance or have Questions? 
Disclosure Regulations - AMC 1.15 Code of Ethics 

When do I file?

Contact the Alaska Public Office Commission (APOC) as soon as you decide to run for office and before campaign fundraising begins.

There are various filing deadlines depending on the type of filer, and whether or not that filer is involved in an active election. The following schedules provide deadlines for those filers within the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Anchorage:

Candidates Involved in April 2013 Election  Filing Schedule unavailable
Municipal Assembly Members

Must file for each year of service

ASD School Board Members Must file for each year of service
Planning and Zoning Commission Members

Immediately after Appointment
and for each year of service

Boards and Commission Members Immediately after Appointment and
for each year of service

What do I file?

Typical forms include: Letter of Intent to File for Office; Declaration of Candidacy and POFD (Public Official Financial Disclosure Form). Application type is based on office and amount of funds the candidate intends to raise or spend during their campaign. For a comprehensive listing of disclosure forms and/or detailed instructional manuals, visit the APOC (Alaska Public Office Commission) web site. Waivers are also available from APOC for candidates who will receive or spend less than $5,000, such as Service Area Board members.

How do I file?

Disclosures must be submitted in a paper form to the Municipal Clerk's Office prior to filing deadline. With the exception of POFD (Public Official Financial Disclosure) forms, all APOC (Alaska Public Office Commission) paperwork should be filed with the APOC office.

Where do I file?

Candidates and Elected Officials within the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Anchorage are required to file their disclosure statements with the Municipal Clerk's Office, In addition to filing with the Clerk's Office, Candidates are also required to submit additional statements to the APOC (Alaska Public Offices Commission).

Responsibility of filers

This web site is intended to provide general information regarding campaign disclosure reporting. To the extent this information conflicts with state or local law, the law controls. Additional filing requirements may apply. If you have questions about what you are required to file, where to file it, or when to file it, please visit the Alaska Public Offices Commission (APOC) web site or call them toll free at 1-866-478-4176.

Need Assistance or have Questions?

We are happy to assist you. Please contact us via email at: wwmasmc@muni.org, or by phone at (907) 343-4311.

Alaska Public Offices Commission
Anchorage Office

2221 East Northern Lights, #128
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907)276-4176
FAX: (907) 276-7018
Office of the Municipal Clerk
Election Office

632 West 6th Avenue #250
Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone: (907)343-4311
FAX: (907) 343-4313
How Can We Help You?

Received APOC/Disclosure filings

Reports Filed

Updated June 16th, 2010 @ 10:22 AM 

Current Reports on file for 2009-2010:

All Municipal Assembly Members

All ASD School Board Members

All Planning and Zoning Commission Members