Filing for Office
The Special Municipal Election to fill Assembly District 3, Seat E West Anchorage will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018. The filing period begins on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and ends on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Candidates for Assembly District 3 must be ...
- a qualified voter of the Municipality of Anchorage and the State of Alaska, and
- a resident of Assembly District 3 for at least one year, and
- committed to remain a resident of Assembly District 3 while in office.
FILING PACKETS for ...
Candidates for Assembly District 3
REQUIREMENTS for candidate filing ...
There are very specific steps you must take in order to appear on the 2018 Special Municipal Election ballot as a candidate for office. (Detailed instructions for filing for office, information regarding candidacy requirements, and the forms for declaration are included in the filing packets available above.)
- Access and print a filing packet (above) for the office for which you would like to declare candidacy.
- File your Declaration of Candidacy along with your POFD Statement with the Municipal Clerk's Office. The last day to file for office is on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
You may file your Declaration of Candidacy and POFD Statement with the Municipal Clerk's Office at either of the following locations:
- MOA Election Center - 619 East Ship Creek Avenue, Suite 100 at Door D
- Municipal Clerk's Office - Anchorage City Hall, 632 West 6th Avenue, Suite 250
Campaign Signs - Excerpts from AMC Title 21 re Temporary or Political Signs and Signs in General